ION Audio Max LP | 3-Speed Belt Drive Turntable with Built-In Speakers & 1/8" Aux Input (Natural Wood)
ION Audio Max LP | 3-Speed Belt Drive Turntable with Built-In Speakers & 1/8" Aux Input (Natural Wood) Features
- All-in-one turntable with built-in stereo speakers
- Connects to computer via USB and converts records into digital music files
- Works with 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- Headphone output for private listening and converting
- Includes EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software CD
Listen, connect, and convert.
Max LP is a simple all-in-one turntable that makes it easy to enjoy your records and convert them to digital music files on your computer. Just connect Max LP to your computer with the included USB cable to get started.
ION’s exclusive EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software guides you through the steps and automatically separates the tracks into individual files. Convert from other audio sources, like a cassette player, using the 1/8-inch auxiliary input.
Max LP comes with built-in stereo speakers so you can just kick back and listen to your records. You can connect Max LP directly to your home stereo system using its standard RCA outputs, and its natural wood finish compliments any room. A headphone output is also built-in for private listening.
Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to order a new stylus. Where can I get one?
You can purchase a replacement stylus directly form the ION Audio website here. Otherwise, you can also contact the ION Audio Parts department directly by calling 1-401-658-3743 ext. 1406.
Can I use a 78 RPM record with this turntable?
Absolutely! Be sure to obtain a 78 RPM stylus for use with your 78 RPM records though. To obtain a 78 RPM stylus for your MAX LP turntable, you can purchase one directly from the ION Audio website. Otherwise, contact the ION Audio Parts department directly by calling 1-401-658-3743 ext. 1406.
The audio from the stereo speakers I connected is coming out distorted. How can I fix it?
If you have connected speakers to the MAX LP using the RCA Audio Output connections, do NOT connect the RCA cables to a Phono input as this could damage your speakers. Ensure that you connect them to a line-level input such as AUX, CD, or TAPE.
What do I do if I am hearing a hum through my speaker or laptop when using the turntable?
If you are recording to a laptop:
- Please connect the laptop to a grounded power supply (3 prong).
If you are playing through a speaker:
- Ensure you are using the 12V DC 1A pin-positive power adapter that was included with your product.
- If your volume is on max, try turning it down until the hum stops.
My turntable won't spin when I move the tone arm over the record. What do I do?
First, try the following steps:
- Ensure the turntable is powered on (power switch in the back).
- Ensure AUTOSTOP is turned On and the tonearm is placed over record (if AUTOSTOP is Off it should always be spinning when power is on).
- If the above steps do not help, you may need to re-attach your turntable belt. For details on how to do this, see the guide located at http://www.ionaudio.com/turntablebelt
If you continue to have further difficulties, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
My record is not playing at the correct speed; its pitch is too high or too low.
First, ensure the 33 / 45 / 78 switch is set to the correct speed for your record.
If the 33 / 45 / 78 switch is set correctly and the speed it still slightly off, do the following:
- On the underside of Max LP, find the rubber pad with the RPM speed you want to adjust, and gently lift up the rubber pad to remove it.
- For the 45 and 33 RPM setting, push through the rubber seal, and tighten/loosen the screw using a Phillips-head screwdriver to fine-tune the RPM speed.
- For the 78 RPM setting, tighten/loosen the screw using a flat-head screwdriver.
Is the turntable powered by the USB port?
No. The MAX LP is powered with the included 12V DC 1A pin-positive power supply.
My record is skipping. What should I do?
If the record is skipping, try cleaning the record directly using standard LP cleaning techniques. For some materials that can help with the cleaning of your vinyl, you can find the VINYL ALIVE Record Cleaning Kit on the ION Audio website. If the record continues to skip, consider replacing the.
Why does my turntable move when I push on it?
This is normal! The turntable mechanism base, platter & tonearm are engineered to float above the wood platform on isolation mountings to allow you to play music through the built-in speakers without feedback.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
- Power: 12V DC, 1A, center-positive
- Dimensions(length x width x height): 15.23” x 16.14” x 4.05”
- Weight: 7.71 lbs
- Cartridge type: Ceramic
- Stylus: conical, diamond-tipped included
- Max LP
- EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter Software CD
- USB Cable
- Dust Cover
- Power Adapter
- 45 RPM Adapter
- 5mm (1/8”) Stereo Auxiliary Cable
- Felt Slipmat
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual