Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible)
Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible) Features
- Adds Bluetooth support to Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Linux PCs that don't already have it. Adds Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) support to Windows 8 and higher.
- Supports Bluetooth speakers, headphones, headsets, keyboards, mice, and more. Extremely compact USB adapter. Safe to leave in for laptop travel. Energy efficient.
- Automatic install through Windows Update in Windows 10 with default Bluetooth stack. Includes Broadcom Bluetooth stack for Windows 8.1, 8 and 7 (available separately for 10). Works with Raspbian and Ubuntu on the Raspberry Pi.
- Does NOT add Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) capability to Windows 7 and earlier. Does NOT work in car stereo systems or TVs. Does NOT work with Mac. NOT recommended for employer-provided computers.
- Some audio devices, such as the Bose QuietComfort 35, require downloading specific drivers to function in Windows 7.
Designed for maximum compatibility, small size, and low power, this Plugable adapter upgrades Windows and Linux PCs with the latest Bluetooth 4.0 support.
The adapter is a compact USB Class 2 Low Energy Bluetooth Adapter with LED. It works with other Bluetooth devices within approximately 10m (30 foot) radius, depending on environmental factors, with transfer rates up to 3 Mbps. The adapter offers the market-leading Broadcom BCM20702 chipset and backwards compatibility with classic Bluetooth (1.x and 2.x) devices. It offers the option of the Broadcom (WIDCOMM) software driver stack, for cases when the default Windows drivers do not provide all desired Bluetooth functionality.Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 (with included driver installer)
Windows 8 & 10 (drivers install automatically through Windows Update, some devices require addtional software)
Linux kernels 3.0.34 and higher include basic drivers. Profile support via open-source BlueZ stack (some Linux distributions need additional manual configuration due to outdated BlueZ stack, potentially less profiles than Windows)
Does NOT support Mac OS X, macOS, or ARM-based Windows RT computers.
Does NOT support adding Bluetooth functionality to home theater systems, televisions, or automotive systems.Supported Bluetooth Devices
Wireless Bluetooth keyboards, mice, headsets, speakers, printers, modems, serial devices, phones, and more. Supports Xbox One S Bluetooth-capable controller in Windows 10 with Anniversary Update applied.Supported Bluetooth Profiles
A2DP, ATT, AVRCP, GAVDP, GATT, HCRP, HFP, HID, HID over GATT, OPP, PAN, SPP, and more (Note: Profile support varies depending on operating system used, and whether WIDCOMM software is used in Windows.)Read More